Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Moleskin Monday: MLK Day

I'm posting this on Tuesday because my home computer is on it's way out. I had to wait until I got to work to post this. :(

I hope everyone had a fantastic Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I really enjoy this day because it sort of gets me ready for Black History Month which tends to be a highlight of my year. I'm glad I can recognize the battles we've won and the bridges we've crossed. We're still not quite there, but everyday we're making progress.

An art piece that has stayed with me since childhood is Norman Rockwell's The Problem We All Live With

I felt like sketching the little girl because her contrasting dress against her skin seemed so profound and ironic to me.




Celebrate diversity, and make a difference where you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment