Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Wrap

Hey all,

I first eyed this dress on Pinterest from another fashionable pinner. I immediately went to the J. Crew site, and then my poor (emphasis on poor) little heart sank. I really couldn't justify spending $178 on this dress. I loved it, but I normally cap prices for dresses at around $100.



Chance was on my side as it deep dived and rescued my heart. Someone mentioned that they found the dress on sale at their local store. I called the closest store, requested my size and put it on hold.

Chance really out did itself as the price of the dress dropped to $59.99 just the night before, and there was an additional 30% off of sale prices. This lovely dream of a dress checked out at $41. I also snagged a gold metallic belt to pair with it.

On to the weekend.

I continued my search for the perfect pairing for my new dress. Next month I'll be taking pictures with my mom and sisters. It will be outdoors, weather permitting, and I am looking for a vest or sweater to compliment the dress. The search for that something was pretty much a bust.

I liked the idea of a fur vest with it. Not really the Rachel Zoe type of vest, but a bit more subtle yet cozy.

I tried this one on at H&M, but it was a bit too bulky.



I didn't really see a lot of options while out. I'll have to find something before the shoot. I'll keep you posted.

I did pick up some Sonia Kushak brush sets for gifts for friends and family. I found them half off, which is awesome. I paid full price for my own set. I love these brushes. They're ergonomic, they hold product well, and they distribute evenly.





Yesterday, I finally used my Anthropologie gift card. I tried on a few different pieces at the store. Some made me look a bit too much like a 12 year old librarian. Instead opted for this skirt:




Which looks like this on me:



(dig the dressing room pic)


I must say that between Netflix and my recent online shopping, getting the mail has recently been so much more exciting.

I received my Naked Palette in the mail last Friday. I've been using it every day since. I can see what all the hype is about. If you're more of a neutral girl, I recommend it highly.



That wraps up the weekend pretty nicely. I'm excited for up-coming sales with the holiday season. I know there will be much more to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment