Friday, January 6, 2012

Attempts at curly hair



If you've checked my FAQs, you know I have naturally curly hair. If you've seen my Pinterest pins lately, you can see that I'm infatuated with amazing curly/natural hair.

My coworker asked me this week if I relax my hair. Answer is, no. She asked why I didn't wear it curly, and I told her that my curls aren't that great. [insert pouty face]

They used to be pretty great. I dyed my hair and it all went downhill from there. My curls circa 2001 in one of my senior portraits:


I wore my hair curly less than five days in 2011. When I did, it was because I was in Guatemala or Hawaii, and flat ironing it was pretty pointless.

When I do attempt to wear it curly, as I did today, it is normally slightly wavy and really limp. I know that washing my hair, after it's been straight for a while will not hold any type of curl. I washed my hair twice in two days. I used only conditioner the second time, which was this morning.

I'm going to try to stick with it to get it back. Cross your fingers and say a prayer that some natural curl not this lame flat limp wavy crap is what sticks.


(hello craptastic bangs - they got tucked back after this photo)

2 comments:

  1. I think you may be exaggerating on how bad you think they look!

    Did you use a diffuser? It's seriously the only thing that helps with creating a "spiral" curl for my hair. If you have one, take a look at this tutorial, b/c I was doing it wrong for a long time and it works wonders if you get it right.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/wavy-hair-type-2/how-to-use-a-diffuser

    Just give it some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used a diffuser before, and I looked like Jessie Spano from Saved by the Bell, haha.

    http://adm2372atgirls.wikispaces.com/file/view/jessie.jpg/39345644/jessie.jpg

    I'm going to stick with it and see what it's like next week. No flat ironing.

    ReplyDelete